" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Training 4/16 to 4/22

4/16 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

After watching the Boston Marathon I headed out the door for a run. It was nice...but it was a bit hot out there. The legs felt a bit sluggish and I felt heavy and slow.

4/17 Tuesday: 8.1 miles in 56 minutes

I went over to the Good Times Race Series tonight. Warmed up 3 miles with Heather and Mike Quintal. Raced 5k in 16:11 good for first place overall (results). Warmed down 2 miles with Heather and Mike Quintal. Then it was time to hit Hookslide Kelly's for some post race beers with Heather, Mike Quintal, and Festus Mbuva. A great time!

4/18 Wednesday: AM: 8.5 miles in 67 minutes PM: 4.5 miles in 36 minutes

AM: Beautiful morning for a run! I hit the Shawsheen River Trails and took it nice and easy. My legs actually felt better than I expected.

PM: Easy running around Haverhill. Did some strength after.

4/19 Thursday: 7.2 miles in 55 minutes

Easy morning running with Heather.

4/20 Friday: 5 miles in 40 minutes

Easy running on the treadmill at home.

4/21 Saturday: 10.1 miles in 70 minutes

Heather and I went up to Londonderry NH to run the Stonyfield Eathday 5k. We warmed up 3 miles, then I raced 5k in 16:43 over a tough course, good for first place, then Heather and I warmed down for 4 miles.

Heather also ran a great race finishing first for the women!

4/22 Sunday: 15.1 miles in 1 hour 50 minutes

Ran my way over to Lake Kenoza and hit the trails and then some roads back around the house.  I felt heavy and slow today. I hope a lighter week with a day off next week helps get the bounce back in my stride.

Total Miles: 66.5


I had a decent week with two races and a solid long run.  I was feeling a bit sluggish at the end of the week and maybe a day off this coming week will help out.  I only have two weeks until Pittsburgh so its time to start cutting back a bit and making sure I am getting some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment