" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Training 6/11 to 6/17

Long time no update! Running has been a bit touch and go since my disaster in Pittsburgh. Stress and long hours at work, multiple injuries (including an unfortunate whiffle ball injury),  feeling under the weather, and a death in the family put running on the back burner for a bit. In the next week or so I will post some brief updates on races and training since my last update. For now I will post my current week.


6/11 Monday: 6 miles in 48 minutes

Easy running in Winnekenni with Heather. Felt pretty beat up after the trail race on Sunday. My back and right ankle are tight and sore.

6/12 Tuesday: 8 miles in 59 minutes


Easy running from home. ran out to Crystal lake and back. Saw a raccoon on my run....at bit closer than I would have liked. Still feeling a bit beat up from the race.

6/13 Wednesday: 8.4 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running from work. I ran out towards Andover Center and back in the poring rain. It was actually quite fun! Decent run and I felt much better today.

6/14 Thursday: 10 miles in 71 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill Loop in Andover. Felt pretty good today, the best I have felt in a long while. The pace came nice and easy today and I felt strong the whole run.

6/15 Friday: 7 miles in 55 minutes

Easy running on the Shawsheen River Trails. It was nice to get back on the trails! Kept things very easy and relaxed

6/16 Saturday: 16 miles in 130 minutes

Awesome trail running in the Pemi wilderness with Heather. We ran the Lincoln Woods Trail and Franconia Brook Trail out to the Thirteen Falls tentsite.  It was an awesome day to be in the woods and the trails were in good shape! I have to do trail runs like this more often.

6/17 Sunday: 5 miles in 37 minutes

Easy running in Campton, NH.  My legs actually felt pretty good after yesterdays trail run. Another great day in the White Mountains.

Total Miles: 60.4

Solid week of running. Got to get completely healthy and stay that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment