" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Racing Update

Since taking a break from posting I ran a few races. The races results are linked on the right side of the Blog. See below for the details.

5/5/12: Pittsburgh Half Marathon: 17th place in 1:15:08

I had a great time in Pittsburgh and had fun getting the"Elite Athlete" experience.  The only bad part of the weekend was the race its self. I knew I was in trouble early and the "flat and fast" course ended up being challenging and slow. Even though my time was pretty slow and I destroyed my foot with some nasty blisters I still had a fun time. The crowds were awesome and having great friends there made it even better!

5/19/12: Bedford 12k USATFNE Championship: 31st place in 41:06 

I decided to run this race despite taking some time off to allow the foot to heal and to recover from Pittsburgh. I ran hard and hung on the best I could, but knew I would not be able to run close to my past performances. I had a great time seeing teammates past and present and enjoyed the race overall.

5/27/12 Baldi River Run 5 miler: 1st place in 27:23

This was my first time running the Baldi River Run. I figured the the race was in my hometown and I've never done it, so I might as well check it out. The race went out pretty relaxed and I just tucked in behind the leader for the first couple miles. I then took the lead as the pace slowed a bit. I pushed the pace down over the last three miles and won the race by about a minute. I ran faster splits as the race went on. This was a good confidence booster!

6/10/12 Exeter Trail Races (10 Miler): 1st place in 69:36

This was the first trail race of a few that I have planned for this year. I did not know the course at all, so my plan was to go out with the leader and hang on if I could and make a move late in the race. The race runs over so awesome terrain with mostly technical single track trails, and a couple awesome bridges! The race went out pretty easy and I settled in behind the leader and put it on cruise control.  The pace was still pretty quick and there were a few points I wondered if I would be able to make a move. At almost an hour into the race a made a move when we hit a small incline and the pace slowed. I put my head down and ran as hard as I could manage for about the next 5 minutes. I soon hit the Camel Humps and made the charge for home.....then I wiped out good! Picked myself up and got to the finish in 1:09:36. I had a blast and can't wait to do some more trail races!

No comments:

Post a Comment