" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Training 6/18 to 6/24

6/18 Monday: 7 miles in 54 minutes

I took it easy today and ran the Shawsheen River trails. I was still feeling Saturdays run a bit in the legs so taking it easy was a good idea. I ended up running a couple of miles with another guy I ran into just as I hit trails. Great day to be out there running!

6/19 Tuesday: 10 miles in 72 minutes

I ran the Rattlesnake Hill loop today. I felt pretty solid today and the miles came pretty easy.

6/20 Wednesday: 9 miles in 68 minutes

Easy running on the treadmill at home. It was nice and cool in the basement. Better than getting fried out there on the roads!

6/21 Thursday: 8.1 miles in 57 minutes

Got outside today.....yeah, it was a hot one! The pace was pretty solid at the end with my last 4 miles well under 7 minute pace. I was surprised how easy the pace came considering it was so warm. Saw three turkeys, a rabit, and chased a wiener dog (just returning the favor). Not a bad run an a hot day.

6/22 Friday: 5 miles in 38 minutes

Early morning running on the treadmill at home.

6/23 Saturday: 8.5 miles in 61 minutes

Easy running with Heather and Seth on Block Island. We headed up to the northern end of the island. All miles under 7 minute pace coming back. Felt pretty good.

6/24 Sunday: 13 miles in 88 minutes

Long run on Block Island. I ran around the southern end of the island and hit up some of the dirt roads that cross the rural areas of the island. I dropped the pace down pretty good and averaged 6:45 for the whole run. The last mile went by in 5:54. A good solid run!

Total Miles: 60.6

Another solid week to build off of. Got to keep it up and keep getting out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment