" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, April 8, 2012

Training 4/2 to 4/8

4/2 Monday: 8 miles in 65 minutes

Went over to the Rivah today. Ran from the Wyndham Hotel parking lot and did the Merrimack River Trail. The trail is in great shape......not a single wet or muddy spot out there. The Merrimack Trail Race in a couple weeks could be a fast one if conditions stay the same. Felt good out there today and it was nice to get back on the river trails.

4/3 Tuesday: OFF

A day off to rest up and recover. I was feeling a little run down and tired, so I figured a day off wouldn't hurt.

4/4 Wednesday: 11.2 miles in 81 minutes

Solid run today, my legs felt good and I had good energy. Ran along the Shawsheen River Trails over to The Bay Circuit Trail. I ran the Bay Circuit Trail over to and across Rt. 133. This is a section I have never been on before and it was pretty nice trail. I had to turn back soon after getting on this section, I will have to explore this area more when I have more time.

4/5 Thursday: AM: 5 miles in 40 minutes PM: 8.5 miles in 64 minutes

AM: Easy treadmill running at home.

PM: Shawsheen River Trails to the fields behind Andover High School.

4/6 Friday: 7.3 miles in 58 minutes

Easy treadmill running at home.

4/7 Saturday: 9 miles in 63 minutes

Today I went to the SEA 5k in Concord, NH. Warmed up 3 miles with Heather, then raced 5k in 16:03 (splits: 4:59, 5:15, 5:15, 34), good for first place. Then cooled down another 3 miles with Mike Quintal. The wind was pretty strong and made the flat, fast course a bit slower today. Overall I was very happy with this race. I felt very strong and smooth, and I felt like I could have gone even harder if I needed to. This was a good confidence booster!


4/8 Sunday: 18 miles in 2 hours 13 minutes

I did the first 16 miles with Heather. We had a solid run and hit Providence Hill on a decent loop. I then added on another two miles to get up to 18. Overall it was a solid run and I finished up the last two miles pretty strong.

Total Miles: 67

Overall it was a decent week. I got in a good race and a solid long run, I even got in a day off. The running is going well. A few more weeks of this and I will be ready for Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment