" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, April 15, 2012

Training 4/9 to 4/15

4/9 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy morning running out to Crystal Lake and back. Felt a little sluggish to start but I felt pretty good by the end.

4/10 Tuesday: 10.6 miles in 78 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River Trails to the Bay Circuit Trail. Made it out to the far side of the West Parish Cemetery and then turned around. I felt pretty solid today. I think I may try another workout tomorrow evening if I feel okay tomorrow.

4/11 Wednesday: 14.1 miles in 90 minutes

I went over to the track a Philips Andover for a workout today. I warmed up for 3 miles did a couple strides and then hit the track. The goal was to do some half marathon paced (5:20-5:25) work, so I did 4 x 2 miles at half marathon pace with a 400m jog rest. The intervals went by in 10:45, 10:43, 10:41, and 10:40. Then I got in another 2.1 miles of cool down. Overall I was very happy with the volume of work and how relaxed I felt at that pace. I was much more comfortable than I felt just two weeks ago when I did 5 x mile at this pace. Feeling real good about this one.....we will see how the legs feel tomorrow!

4/12 Thursday: 7.2 miles in 47 minutes

This run was great for the first 2 miles......then the skies opened up! First it was just rain, then wind, then heavy rain and wind. Then to top it off it started to hail! Ouch my head! It hailed for a few minutes.....then just rained for the rest of my run. Which left me freezing to death and I spent the last few miles on a mission to get back and warmed up. Overall it kind of sucked.

4/13 Friday: AM: 4 miles in 32 minutes PM: 6.3 miles in 46 minutes

AM: Easy running on the treadmill at home.

PM: Easy running from Cedardale. The day was very busy and I got in as much running as I could when the time allowed.

4/14 Saturday: 8 miles in 59 minutes

Early morning run. Had to get it in before Caitlyn and I went over to the Dan Ford Race in Methuen to cheer Heather on. Legs felt heavy and slow today, just tried to keep it relaxed and easy.

4/15 Sunday: 15 miles in 1 hour and 42 minutes (6:47 pace)

I intended on getting in 17 today, but 15 will have to do. A combination of limited time and daddy duties left me in a time crunch. My last 5 miles were all 6:20's or better, it felt comfortably quick. Not a bad run, just wanted a couple more miles, but I will take it!

Total miles: 73.2

A solid week with a long run and a great workout on Wednesday. Three weeks till Pittsburgh, I think I will be ready to run pretty well there. I just have to be smart and stay healthy till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment