" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Training 3/26 to 4/1

3/26 Monday: 8 miles in 62 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails. Really took it easy today as I was coming off a weekend with an 18 mile long run and a race. I had a few sore and tight spots, but nothing I didn't expect.

3/27 Tuesday: 9 miles in 65 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails and up to the fields behind Andover High School. I felt really good today and the run came very easy. The legs felt great and I was full of energy. I wish I had more runs like this!

3/28 Wednesday: 12 miles in 80 minutes

Today I headed over to Philips Andover to do was my first track work out in almost two years. I did 3 miles of warm up and some strides and then got to work with a plan of 5-6 x miles at 5:20-5:25 pace (1/2 marathon pace) with 400m jog recovery. I ended up doing 5 repeats at 5:20, 5:20, 5:20, 5:20, 5:19.... at least I am consistent! I decided 5 was enough for my first go and left the track feeling happy about the results. I did a few miles of cool down and headed home!

3/29 Thursday: AM: 4.5 miles in 36 minutes PM: 8 miles in 62 minutes

AM: Easy shakeout run. Felt alright coming off the workout.

PM: Easy running with my favorite running partner. Heather and I ran out and back to to Crystal Lake.

3/30 Friday: 8.6 miles in 67 minutes

Felt a little tired and tight today, so I took it pretty easy. I felt better as the run went on which was good.

3/31 Saturday: 7 miles in 55 minutes

Easy treadmill running at home. Did some strength work after the run.

4/1 Sunday: 17 miles in 2 hours (course/splits)

Very solid run today. I did a pretty awesome loop out through Winnekenni and looped over by the Merrimack River before heading back through Winnekenni to head home. The legs felt really good and the pace came very easy. I closed out the run with some strong miles on the way back with the last one just under 6 minutes.

Total Miles: 74.1

A very nice week of running with one good workout and a very good long run. A few more weeks of solid training and I will be just about ready for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon (May 6th). I just need to pat attention to my body and take it easy when I need to and work hard when my body allows me to. Need to stay smart!


No comments:

Post a Comment