" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Training 3/19 to 3/25

3/19 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running in Haverhill with my favorite running partner Heather. Great evening out there for a run. Felt a bit tired and heavy, still feeling that long run Sunday and long day of travel on Saturday.

3/20 Tuesday: AM: 9.2 miles in 67 minutes PM: 5 miles in 37 minutes

AM: Easy running along the Shawsheen River Trails and the trails behind Andover High School. Felt pretty good and did 6 x 30 second strides on the way back in.

PM: Easy running on the roads around Haverhill High School.

3/21 Wednesday: 8.8 miles in 65 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River Trails and trails behind Andover High School. Just before getting to the trails I ran into running legends, and CMS teammates, Dave Dunham and Dan Verrington. I got to run a couple miles with them and chat about upcoming races and my recent trip to Park City. It was nice seeing them out there and getting a chance to chat with them a bit.

3/22 Thursday: 10.7 miles in 80 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails, to the Bay Circuit Trail, to the West Parish Cemetery. I felt pretty good. Pretty warm out there today!

3/23 Friday: 6.3 miles in 47 minutes

Easy running on the roads of Andover. Breaking in a new pair of racing flats that I hope to use tomorrow.

3/24 Saturday: 9 miles in 63 minutes


Pursuit of the Holy Grail 5k in Epping NH. I warmed up a total of 3 miles with strides, raced about three miles (15:35) before realizing I had been sent the wrong way while leading the race. Ran another mile back to the finish area, warmed down for 2 miles.


3/25 Sunday: 18.1 miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes

Ran 4 miles solo then swung past the house to pick up my favorite running partner. Heather and I ran about another 14 miles over through Bradford, Groveland, and back around Lake Kenoza. Overall it was a really good run and I felt really strong.

Total Miles: 75.1

No comments:

Post a Comment