" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, March 12, 2012

Training 3/5 to 3/11

3/5 Monday: 8.4 miles in 60 minutes

I actually felt pretty good today. I had no issues coming off of yesterdays long run. Ran my way up towards andover center and back.

3/6 Tuesday: AM: 5 miles in 40 minutes PM: 10 miles in 70 minutes

AM: Easy treadmill running at home. Did some strength and core work after.

PM: Rattlesnake hill loop. Felt pretty good today and I did 6 x 30 second strides in the last couple miles. The strides felt better than they have in the past few weeks.

3/7 Wednesday: 10.5 miles in 76 minutes

Easy running to Andover Center. I felt a bit tired and heavy today, but the pace was still decent and the weather was awesome! Shorts and a light long sleeve today!

3/8 Thursday: AM: 5 miles in 40 minutes PM: 10.2 miles in 76 minutes

AM: Easy running on the treadmill at home.

PM: Shawsheen River Trails to the Bay Circuit Trail to the West Parish Cemetery. The trails were pretty clear, with just a few wet and muddy spots. Awesome day out there, I felt pretty good too!

3/9 Friday: 8 miles in 61 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails and over to the trails behind Andover High School. Felt a bit tired today, so I took it pretty easy. On the way back a great blue heron scared the crap out of me! I think I scared the crap out of it too! He was right along the edge of the boardwalk that crosses the marsh. Man he was big up that close....it was cool to see him fly off deeper in to the marsh.

3/10 Saturday: 15 miles in 1 hour and 56 minutes

Treadmill running at home. I was up very early and it was dark and snowy outside......so I hit the treadmill. I have gotten in just over 90 miles in the past 7 days....thats a lot for me. Tomorrow will be a very easy shake out or no run at all since it will be my first full day at altitude. No its time to head for the airport! Park City here I come!

3/11 Sunday: 6 miles in 45 minutes

Easy running around Park City after a full day of skiing at Canyons Resort. Sunny and warm day on the mountain with spring conditions. Still had a great day exploring the mountain with Caitlyn. After skiing we hit the pool for a bit and then I was out the door for a quick run. I ran down the hill from the Canyons and into the neighborhoods in the valley. Awesome views made the run go by pretty quick. The run back up the hill to the Canyons was a bit rough! Great first day Utah!

Total Miles: 78.1

Very solid week of running. I knew I needed to get in some miles as next week will end up being a lower week as I will be in Utah skiing with my daughter.

3 comments:

  1. I feel bad for that heron! Guys like you, Dan and I probably scare the crap out of him on a weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I scare the crap out of just about everything when I run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scare the crap out of me almost every time I run..... bahahahah.

    ReplyDelete