" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Training 12/26 to 1/1

12/26 Monday: OFF

12/27 Tuesday: 8 miles in 57 minutes

Easy running out to Crystal Lake.

12/28 Wednesday: 9 miles in 68 minutes

Exploring the Bradford rail trail as it continues along the river beyond the official section. felt pretty good.

12/29 Thursday: 8.5 in 60 minutes

Easy running over to Winnekenni and back. Got in a few miles on the trails.

12/30 Friday: 7 miles in 53 minutes

Easy running with Heather on the Windham Rail Trail. Went pretty easy because I am going to race tomorrow......thats right race.....or at least try to race.

12/31 Saturday: 10 miles in 71 minutes

Went to the BU open indoor track meet in Boston. The idea was to check to see if my foot could handle racing and see how bad a shape I am in. I entered the 3k with an optimistic seed time of 9:20 (5:00 min pace). The race went exactly to plan through the mile (4:59) then it all feel apart and I came home in (9:38). A full 51 seconds slower than I ran last year at this same exact time. I still left BU with a smile because I had absolutely no pain in my foot at all! The bad news is that I am in aweful shape and really need to put in some miles to get ready for 2012.

1/1 Sunday: OFF

Recovery from racing and celebrating Heathers birthday....and the new year.

Total Miles: 42.5

More miles than last week. Had a really slow race, but the foot didn't hurt at all! Things are looking a little bit better on the running front.

No comments:

Post a Comment