" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, January 15, 2012

Training 1/9 to 1/15

1/9 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River Trails. This is part of the AVIS trail system in Andover. I felt okay today, a bit tired from yesterdays longer run, but overall it was as I expected.

1/10 Tuesday: AM: 4 miles in 32 minutes PM: 8 miles in 64 minutes

AM: Easy running on the treadmill at home.

PM: Shawsheen River Trails very slowly. Felt a bit tired so I took it real easy.

1/11 Wednesday: 7.5 miles in 57 minutes

Another day along the Shawsheen River Trails. I hope its not my last this winter. Snow is in the forecast for tonight! I hope we get rain.....the trails are helping to keep me healthy.

1/12 Thursday: 7.3 miles in 53 minutes

Running on the treadmill at home. Boring. At least we got mostly rain and not snow down here. Keep it in the mountains!

1/13 Friday: AM: 4.2 miles in 34 minutes PM: 5.3 miles in 40 minutes

AM: Easy running on the treadmill at home. Not going to run in the cold rain

PM: Easy running on the treadmill at home. Dark and windy....I will stay inside.

1/14 Saturday: OFF

Planned day off. I spent the day in NH celebrating my Dad's 60th birthday. Happy birthday Dad!

1/15 Sunday: 12 miles in 87 minutes

Cold as all hell out there!! I must have had on like 15 pounds of clothes to keep me warm. Started out very easy and finished up strong. Last three miles were sub 7 minute pace, the last mile was a 6:27. I also saw the legend Craig Fram out there putting in the miles. He was moving faster than I was!

Total Miles: 56.3

A very solid week of running with one day completely off. The foot is feeling pretty good and I am starting to feel like I and getting in better shape. I just have to keep it going!


No comments:

Post a Comment