" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Training 1/23 to 1/29

1/23 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running on the treadmill at home. Very boring.

1/24 Tuesday: AM: 10 miles in 71 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

AM: An awesome day for running, there is noting like running in shorts in January. Ran the Rattlesnake Hill Loop with Scott McGrath. I had a really good run and felt strong. Must have been Scott's recap of him winning the Derry Prep 16 Miler over the weekend that had me all pumped up. We also ran into new CMS team member Nate Jenkins who was out there pounding out the miles on the roads of Andover.

PM: Easy running around Haverhill

1/25 Wednesday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River Trails. Stepped in a pile of crap today.....not cool.

1/26 Thursday: 8.2 miles in 62 minutes

Shawsheen River trails to Andover High and a short loop on the trails behind the school. Felt a bit slow and heavy today. Almost time for a day off.

1/27 Friday: 5 miles in 40 minutes

Easy running on the treadmill at home. I was planning to double today but the day got crazy and the weather was bad. So today will be my "off"/easy day. I will run tomorrow instead of taking it off.

1/28 Saturday: 8.5 miles in 61 minutes

Ran out towards Crystal Lake in Haverhill. I did the first few miles with Heather, we even got chased by a wiener dog.. too funny. Then I was on my own. I picked it up on the way back home and turned the run into an impromptu progression run the last 3.5 miles went 6:59, 6:33, 6:08, and a 2:48 (5:36 pace) last half mile. It felt good! I feel like I am heading in the right direction.

1/29 Sunday: 14.5 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes (MAP)

Overall I am very happy with this run. I kept the pace very even throughout the run and I felt comfortable and relaxed almost the whole way. I tried out a new loop today over through Bradford and Groveland and back by Kenoza lake. A little bit of urban running and some country running. I liked it.

Total Miles: 66.2

Another good consistent week of running. The mileage is going up slowly and the long run is getting a bit longer. Most important is I am still healthy. I even started getting in some strength training this week. More of the same to come in the next few weeks. Four weeks till the Amherst 10 miler!

2 comments:

  1. good week...keep progressing all the way up through Amherst. We'll need you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin! I am looking forward to Amherst. It should be a good time and a great test to see where I am.

    ReplyDelete