" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, January 22, 2012

Training 1/16 to 1/22

1/16 Monday: 8.1 miles in 61 minutes

Easy treadmill running at home. I actually felt pretty good today. I stayed inside today because the cold really seemed to do a number on me yesterday.

1/17 Tuesday: 10 miles in 72 minutes

Ran the Rattlesnake Hill loop. I felt heavy and tight, but the pace overall was decent. Great day out there for a run! The warmer weather was nice.

1/18 Wednesday: AM: 10 miles in 77 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

AM: Ran with CMS stud and recent New England Runner cover man Scott McGrath. We ran the trails along the Shawsheen River, behind Andover High, and around the pond at Bakers Meadow. Had a pretty solid run and some great talk about all things running.

PM: Easy running on the treadmill at home

1/19 Thursday: 8.3 miles in 63 minutes

Another day on the Shawsheen River Trails. Felt really good today, my right calf is a bit tight but everything else felt pretty good.

1/20 Friday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails in the snow. With 1-2 inches of snow on the ground this was an awesome run on the trails.

1/21 Saturday: OFF

A planned day off from running. I spent the day skiing with my Dad, Brother, Niece, and Daughter at Bretton Woods. It was cold, but the lack of wind made it a great day to be outside.

1/22 Sunday: 14 miles in 100 minutes

What an awesome morning for running! Temps were cool, but there was barely a wind and the sun was shinning! I felt really solid today, never felt all that tired, or like I was working to much at all. I picked it up a bit in the last three miles going 6:49, 6:31, and 5:56 to finish up nice and strong.

Total Miles: 62.4

A very solid week of running. I was very happy with getting in just over 60 miles and getting one day off from running. The day off is really giving me a day to recover from the pounding of running. Next week should look pretty similar to this week. The goal is to be over 60 miles for the week and try to get in a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment