" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, January 30, 2011

Training 1/24 to 1/30

1/24 Monday: OFF

I thought about getting out for a run today. I am feeling the best I have in a while, but I was not going out in that arctic cold. I would have hit the treadmill, but its still broken.

1/25 Tuesday: 5 miles in 38 minutes

Easy running on the treadmill at work. Felt OK, it was nice to move the legs a bit.

1/26 Wednesday: 8 miles in 57 minutes

Easy running out past the cemetery in Andover. Actually felt pretty comfortable.

1/27 Thursday: OFF

Snow day in Haverhill and Caitlyn had no school. Treadmill is broken....so no run.

1/28 Friday: 10 miles in 71 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill loop. It was nice to get back out on this loop, and I actually felt pretty good.

1/29 Saturday: 7.2 miles in 52 minutes

Woke up feeling not so good again. This time its all in my head, its killing me to blow my nose. I need to go see a real doctor....not that crappy walk in clinic I went to last time. I have no primary care doctor.....so if anyone has a great family practice doctor in the Haverhill/Andover area let me know. Run was alright, at least it was nice out.

1/30 Sunday: 14 miles in 104 minutes

Todays run was all about just getting in the miles. The legs felt pretty heavy and slow the whole way.

Total Miles: 44.2

3 comments:

  1. That sucks. I got the chicken pox a few years ago on my vacation in August. Get some rest and get healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the run you did last monday with that lunatic that did it...stay away from that kid and get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys....Chicken pox??? Aren't you suppose to get those when you are a little kid?? That must have really sucked.

    Well all those days off last week seemed to do the trick. I have felt better the last 2 days and even got in 5 miles today on the treadmill. The legs felt pretty good! As they should at this point. Just got to stay healthy and get back out there on the roads. Got to get back to where I was about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete