" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Training 1/31 to 2/6

1/31 Monday: 7 miles in 52 minutes

Easy running in Andover, legs were a little tired from yesterdays long run, but overall they felt better than I expected. Good news, today my treadmill got fixed! Just in time for another big storm.

2/1 Tuesday: 5 miles in 40 minutes

Treadmill run! Easy running before work. Felt pretty slow and heavy.

2/2 Wednesday: 10 miles in 74 minutes

Treadmill running at home. Felt OK today despite the boring run.

2/3 Thursday: 12 miles in 83 minutes

Treadmill run. Ran 5 miles easy, 4 miles up tempo (3 miles at 6 min pace last at 5:49), 3 miles easy. Caught the first period of the Bruins game while running, wow that was the best first 2 minutes of hockey I have ever seen. My run was also the best I have had in a long time. I felt pretty solid.

2/4 Friday: OFF

2/5 Saturday: OFF

Spent the day skiing at Bretton Woods with Caitlyn and my parents.

2/6 Sunday: 16 miles in 104 minutes

Felt real good today and the miles came easy. My last 5 miles were 6:09, 6:09, 5:49, 5:39 and 5:24. It felt good to finish up a longer run so strong.

Total Miles: 50

Not the best week, but I got in two really nice runs on Thursday and Sunday. Now its time to fill in those off days and bring the miles up.

No comments:

Post a Comment