" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, February 13, 2011

Training 2/7 to 2/13

2/7 Monday: 8.2 miles in 60 minutes

Run from Whirlaway with Jim Johnson. Running the roads at night sucks with no sidewalks or any kind of shoulder at all.

2/8 Tuesday: 8 miles in 61 minutes

Treadmill run at home. Felt OK, just wanted to get this run done.

2/9 Wednesday: 10 miles in 68 minutes

Ran from Cedarland in Haverhill. Did 6 x 20 second strides towards end of the run. Felt pretty good today. Left foot is a little sore in heel area.

2/10 Thursday: 10 miles in 72 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill loop. Tried to keep things pretty easy today. Left foot still bothering me a bit today.

2/11 Friday: 10.4 miles in 72 minutes

Andover Center run. Felt alright, my left foot felt a little better today after doing some stretching and massage yesterday. I think i just need to keep on it with stretching and massage.
Did 6 x 20 second strides towards the end of the run.

2/12 Saturday: 6.5 miles in 50 minutes

Easy treadmill running at home.

2/13 Sunday: 18 miles in 120 minutes (Garmin)

Ran from the Whirlaway with a nice group of guys including Dan Princic, Mark Hudson, Craig Fram, Marty Lechleider, Eric Beauchesne, and Mike Cooney. The pace was pretty easy for the first couple miles.......but that was it. Soon Marty was off the back and Cooney was out front pushing the pace. The rest of the run was all sub 7 minute pace, with the last half mostly in the 6:15 to 6:25 range. The overall pace was just under 6:40. A bit quicker than I had hoped to go today, but it was a very solid run that I feel pretty good about.

Total Miles: 71.1

Its good to be back! Finally a solid week with some good running.


5 comments:

  1. Did Heather's foot accidentally rub up against yours? She may have spread her plantar/heel issue to you. I'd be mad if I were you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats my guess. I am pissed......I need to stay away from her! She is bad for my running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, excuse me Christopher, let's not get into a conversation on who is rubbing what against whom and causing injuries. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh oh... 'Christopher'...you are in trouble.

    ReplyDelete