" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, April 5, 2010

Training 3/29 to 4/4

3/29 Monday: Off

Another day off, trying to get healthy again.

3/30 Tuesday: 7 miles in 54 minutes

Easy treadmill running at work

3/31 Wednesday: 10 miles in 68 minutes

Did 10 x 1 minute pickups hard with 1 minute rests on the Rattlesnake Hill loop. Felt pretty good.

4/1 Thursday: 8 miles in 58 minutes

Easy running from work. Did the cemetery out and back.

4/2 Friday: 5 miles in 37 minutes

Very easy running from work.

4/3 Saturday: 9.5 miles in 69 minutes

SEA road Race, the 2nd race of the CARS series. Ran 15:55 for 3rd place. Full race report to follow soon!

4/4 Sunday: 11 miles in 82 minutes

Did 5 on the treadmill then 6 outside. Had to start inside due to time constraints and having my daughter for the weekend. Then it was off to Dover NH for Easter dinner!

Total Miles: 50.5

This week I was still recovering from being sick and was still wicked congested. I was not happy with the mileage and another day off. I was happy with the race result, well at least the time I ran, which was just a bit faster than I ran last year on the same course. It was a nice confidence booster to know that I am really as slow or out of shape as I felt I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment