" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still in Ireland 4/19 to 4/25


4/19 Monday: 10 miles in 62 minutes

Went to Charles Fort in the morning, then watched the marathon, then went running. This was not a planned workout. It was just suppose to be a run where if I felt good I could close out the run with some strong miles. But I was pretty motivated after watching the Boston Marathon on a wicked crappy internet feed and seeing all the great performances by a bunch of local runners. Plus I had some frustrations to get out about not getting home and missing work and my daughter. So after a couple miles I started to roll pretty good. Most of the loop was over a pretty hilly section of Kinsale. Mile splits went: 1) 7:40 2) 6:58 3) 6:21 4) 6:59 5) 6:08 6) 5:41 7) 5:28 8) 5:09 9) 5:11 10) 6:53 to cool down. I felt really good and strong during the run. I also felt much better about not only my running, but the whole stranded abroad thing after I was done.


















4/20 Tuesday AM: 5 miles in 36 minutes PM: 8 miles in 57 minutes

AM: Easy run around Kinsale before heading off to Kenmare.

PM: Easy running on a rural road in Kenmare. Did the first few miles with Heather then I was off on my own running through farms and woods.



















4/21 Wednesday: 8 miles in 59 minutes

Did some hiking and exploring of the Beara peninsula today. Then Heather and I did the same out and back run I did yesterday. I was feeling a little beat up today. Good news it looks like all flights are a go tomorrow in Irish air space. So our flight on friday should be good to go!!



















4/22 Thursday: 5 miles in 37 minutes

Made the drive back to Ennis again for another try at heading home. Looks good this time as all planes flew roday, so we should fly tomorrow. Heather and I did some easy running out at the local Ennis sports park again, I really wish we had a facility like this in the states. Heather and I both went easy today as we actually hope to race on Friday back in NH. The race is part of the CARS series and we both need to run it or we will be out of the series as we are already going to miss another one of the races. So we are supposed to land at 2:35 PM in Boston then make the drive to Concord for a 6 PM start. We will see if it happens, we just can't have any extended delays along the way!
























4/23 Friday: 9 miles in 65 minutes

Flew home from Ireland today!!! Heather and I drove straight from the airport to Concord NH for the NHTI Delta Dental 5k Road Race. Its the third race in the CARS series. Did 3 miles of warm up on the course, raced 5k in 16:24 good for 5th place (results) and then did another 3 miles of cool down around the course. See full race report for all the details!

4/24 Saturday: Off

A day to rest up and recover from both running and traveling.

4/25 Sunday: 13 miles in 93 minutes

I only wanted to run 10 miles, but Heather went for 12, so I did 13, because I am a guy and I have to do more. Ran out to Lake Kenoza and did some running on the trails before heading back home. Felt pretty slow and heavy, even after a day off.

Total miles: 58


No comments:

Post a Comment