" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Training 1/18 to 1/24

1/18 Monday: 7 miles in 54 minutes

On the treadmill today. Felt a bit heavy and slow due to snowshoe race and hiking on Sunday.

1/19 Tuesday: 10 miles in 77 minutes

Felt better today. Ended up running in a nice little snowstorm.

1/20 Wednesday: 7.1 miles in 53 minutes

Easy running today. Did 6 x 20 sec strides during the run.

1/21 Thursday: AM: 8 miles in 60 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

Felt ok but a little tight during the morning run. Hit the treadmill for the evening run. My right hamstring was a bit tight.

1/22 Friday: 6 miles in 47 minutes

Right leg was tight. But better than yesterday.

1/23 Saturday: OFF

Went skiing with my daughter. It was a great day and the conditions were awesome! I was going to run after skiing, but I figured that would be pushing it.

1/24 Sunday: 14 miles in 100 minutes

I had a very good run today. Felt stronger than I have and the legs felt good. Maybe it was that day off from running on Saturday. I started off nice and easy and built into a solid pace by the end of the run.

Total Mileage: 56.1

This was a very nice week of running. I got in some decent mileage and even got in an active day off with skiing on Saturday. I am really starting to feel like I am finally starting to get back into some kind of running shape. But I still have a long ways to go to actually get back into racing shape. I just got to keep putting in the work.

2 comments:

  1. good week man! Let me know if you need a lift to Sidehiller ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go...really. The problem being I have to be in Boston on Friday night, so I won't be making it north in the morning.

    ReplyDelete