" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Training 12/28 to 1/3

Monday 12/28: 5.2 miles in 39 minutes

First run in a very long time. Ran easy with Heather. Hamstrings felt good for the first time in about 6 months I ran with out any discomfort.

Tuesday 12/29: Off

Wednesday 12/30: 8.1 miles in 58 minutes

Ran with Jim Johnson, Dave Dunham, and the Quintal brothers. Felt ok, tired toward the end. But it was the longest I have run since early November. Overall it was a good run. No discomfort in the hamstrings.

Thursday 12/31: 5.2 miles in 39 minutes

Ran after dark on snow covered roads. Went pretty easy. Felt ok...a bit tired from yesterdays run.

Friday 1/1: Off

Saturday 1/2: 6 miles in 45 minutes

Ran on the treadmill today....it was just too nasty out there. Felt alright.

Sunday 1/3: 10 miles in 74 minutes

Treadmill run. Holy hell that was boring. I need to get back outside. Actually felt real good. I even did some strength work after. I hope doing some core work and strength work will help the hamstring situation from occurring again.

Total Mileage: 34.5

Well the week looks pretty damn poor, but I will take it. I am back running again and I just need to focus on getting in some miles and staying healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment