" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, January 11, 2010

Training 1/4 to 1/10

1/4 Monday: 5 miles in 38 minutes

1/5 Tuesday: 7.2 miles in 52 minutes

Very easy run. I did some very light 10-12 second pick ups in the last mile or so. They were more of just an in run stride to turn the legs over a bit.

1/6 Wednesday: 5 miles in 38 minutes

1/7 Thursday: OFF

Planned day off for some rest and recovery. Trying to be smart right now and stay healthy.

1/8 Friday: 8.1 miles in 59 minutes

Felt pretty good on the run. I saw Jim Johnson and Dan Verington out running, they were looking good in their matching jackets!

1/9 Saturday: 5 miles in 38 minutes

Treadmill run. Was trying to run pretty easy and let my mind wander. But my 4 year old daughter decided that this was a good time to corner me and have an exhaustive chat about her Barbie dolls while I was running.

1/10 Sunday: 12 miles in 84 minutes

The best I have felt yet and a good way to end the week. Went pretty easy and stayed relaxed and let the run come to me. On the way home I have a few miles in the 6:40's which really surprised me. Best part was I felt very comfortable.

Total Miles: 42.3

This was a very solid 2nd week back. The goal was to run more than 40 miles and take a day off. And I got that done, although I did skip out on doing any core or strength work. Got to get on that this week. The coming week I will bring up the mileage a bit more and trying to get in some core and strength work.

No comments:

Post a Comment