" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Training 8/23 to 8/29

8/23 Monday: 10 miles in 71 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill Road loop. Felt good today, the cool weather and misty rain were awesome!

8/24 Tuesday: AM: 8 miles in 58 minutes PM: 5 miles in 39 minutes

AM: Easy run up to the center of Andover, did 8 x 20 sec strides.

PM: Easy running in the rain with Heather.

8/25 Wednesday: 10 miles in 74 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill Road loop. Felt ok, the hamstrings felt a little tight.

8/26 Thursday: 5 miles in 40 minutes

Early morning treadmill run.

8/27 Friday: 10 miles in 74 minutes

I felt like crap today. I don't know why, yesterday was a short easy day and I was expecting to feel good today.

Note: Got pretty sick Friday afternoon and night.

8/28 Saturday: 8 miles in 59 minutes

Easy running out to Crystal lake. Big night tonight, I am the best man at my friends wedding! Time to have some fun!

8/29 Sunday: OFF

Recovery from wedding. Headed to Portsmouth for the air show. Nothing like trying to beat a hangover on a 110 degree tarmac with fighter jets screaming overhead.

Total: 56 miles

Not exactly what I wanted, but I will take it with no longrun and a day off. Next week will be closer to 70 miles. Then I need to stay up there for a bit.

3 comments:

  1. Just noticed under club is states unattached? Does this mean we will see ya in the Polar blue soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Coach Dave doesn't read your blog. ha.

    ReplyDelete