" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Training 8/30 to 9/5

8/30 Monday: 8.2 miles in 62 minutes

8/31 Tuesday: 10 miles in 69 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill loop. Felt OK, better towards the end of the run.

9/1 Wednesday: AM: 9.3 miles in 69 minutes PM: 4.8 miles in 36 minutes

AM: Trails along the Shawsheen up to Andover High, where I got a big surprise in the woods. I thought it was to hot out for that kind of outdoor activity, but these two seemed to be enjoying themselves. Did 6 x 20 second strides.

PM: Easy running from home.

9/2 Thursday: 10.4 miles in 73 minutes

Ran out to the Crystal Lake area with Jim Johnson, I felt pretty good.

9/3 Friday: 8 miles in 58 minutes

Easy running towards Andover Center. Did 6 x 20 second strides. Felt OK.

9/4 Saturday: 8 miles in 62 minutes

Awful run today. I was going to go long, but I felt pretty bad right from the start and I just turned around at 4 miles after things failed to get better.

9/5 Sunday: 10 miles in 65 minutes

Started out easy for the first three miles, then at the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 mile marks I did 1 minute hard. I also finished up the last two miles in 5:57 and 5:24. Felt good to run hard at the end.

Totals: 68.7 Miles

Solid week and a step in the right direction. Felt better towards the end of the week. Got to keep it up now.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry! We didn't think anyone would be out running in that heat!

    ReplyDelete