" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Training 5/3 to 5/9

5/3 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Very easy run from work. Legs still feeling the race on Saturday and long run on Sunday. Just tried to keep things comfortable for the whole run.

5/4 Tuesday: AM: 5miles in 36 minutes PM: 10.1 miles in 74 minutes

AM: Very easy run, ran in the new Nike Free 7.0. I really liked them, very comfortable.

PM: Was going to do a track workout, but the threat of severe thunderstorms kept me off the track. I did 10 miles easy from home after the storms had passed. Felt OK, but my right hip got a bit tight late in the run.

5/5 Wednesday: 8.3 miles in 56 minutes

Did 4 miles of warm-up then 10 x 1 min pickups with 1 minute rest. Over the 20 minutes I did pick-ups I averaged about 5:50 pace, so I was really happy with that. wasn't sure I was going to do a workout today, but the legs and hip (which was tight yesterday) felt good after 4 miles so I decided to do some work!

5/6 Thursday: 10.1 miles in 75 minutes

Easy run on the Rattlesnake Hill Road loop. Felt a little heavy from yesterdays workout, but OK otherwise.

5/7 Friday: 8.1 miles in 61 minutes

Easy running. Awesome morning for a run! Felt OK, but the legs are a little tight.

5/8 Saturday: 9 miles in 64 minutes

Went up to Barrington NH for the B1st Peeper 5k Road race. Warmed up and down with a few of the CMS guys and a few others, and raced 5k in 15:47 good for 2nd place. All the details in the full race report to come later!

5/9 Sunday: 17 miles in 2 hours and 3 minutes

Went over to Maudsley to get in some miles on the trails. I always forget how awesome this place is to run in. I will have to make sure I get back over there more this year. I felt alright, but a bit tight from the race yesterday, but I managed to finish up the run pretty strong.

Total Miles: 75.6

A good week, with a solid race and some nice training. I need to put more of these kinds of weeks together.

2 comments: