" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, May 24, 2010

Training 5/17 to 5/23

5/17 Monday: 10 mile in 70 minutes

Legs felt great after a day off, except for my knee was still hurting. Its not getting worse, and does not hurt more as the run goes on. It just hurts the same.

5/18 Tuesday: 8.2 miles in 58 minutes

Same thing today. Everything felt OK, except for the knee. Its still hurting.

5/19 Wednesday: 8.2 miles in 58 minutes

More of the same. Knee is not getting better. I may put myself on the DL for a few days to clear this thing up......I hope. We will see.

5/20 Thursday: OFF

5/21 Friday: OFF

5/22 Saturday: OFF

Should have been at the USATFNE 12k Championships today. :(

5/23 Sunday: 6 miles in 42 minutes

First day back after 3 straight days off from running. The knee felt really good for the first couple miles, then that familiar pressure under my knee cap started coming back. By about mile 5 I was once again running in pain. The good news is that this is better than it was earlier in the week. Bad news is that I am still getting pain as the run goes on.

Total Miles: 32.4

Not a good week at all. Lots off time off from running, it felt like forever. I just hope it was the smart thing to do and has jump started the healing process in my knee. My goal next week is to try to run 6 days and try to make sure the knee does not get worse. If things are looking good I will be at the Redhook 5k on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment