" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, May 16, 2010

Training 5/10 to 5/16

5/10 Monday: 8.2 miles in 62 minutes

Very easy day to rcover from the weekend. I tried to keep things easy today, no faster than 7:30 pace. But later in the run I had trouble keeping things that slow. Still it was a nice relaxed run.

5/11 Tuesday: AM: 4.5 miles in 36 minutes PM: 9 miles in 67 minutes

AM: Very easy treadmill run at home.

PM: Easy running, hit the Shawsheen trails out to the high school. Did 6 x 20 sec strides on the way back in.

5/12 Wednesday: 11 miles in 75 minutes

Warmed up about 3.5 miles then did 2 x 2 miles at LT pace in 10:52, and 10:49. Took 1 lap rest between in just under 2 minutes. The I did another 3 miles for a cool down. I actually felt really smooth and comfortable.......the way it should be!

5/13 Thursday: AM: 5.2 miles in 39 minutes PM: 8.3 miles in 61 minutes

AM: Easy running from work, felt OK

PM: Was having a really nice run till I had a run in with a boulder. I went to jump over a large rock when I trip and fell into the rock.....knee first. Not good, limped home a little bloodied and swollen. I have a decent limp going on now....will see how it feels tomorrow.

5/14 Friday: 8 miles in 59 minutes

Tried to go pretty easy today. The knee seemed OK for a bit, there was pain but it did not seem to be affecting my stride or pace, so I went ahead with my plan of 8 miles. Then late in the run, on some ups and downs, things got pretty painful and it slowed me down to a crawl. Not good. I am going to ice the crap out of it and try to rest it up for tomorrow. I was hoping that since this was not a "running" injury it would not have much of an impact on the running. We will see how it feels tomorrow.

5/15 Saturday: 9.5 miles in 68 minutes

Went up to Canterbury NH for the Shaker Village XC Challenge, a CARS series event. Warmup and down about 6.5 miles and ran the very challenging 3.1 mile XC course in 17:59, good for 3rd place. Full race report with all the details to come soon!

5/16 Sunday: OFF

Was going to run today....but decided to try to be smart for once and take a day off to rest up and let my knee have a day of recovery. I will try to go long tomorrow if the knee and time permit.

Total: 63.7 Miles

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....and what were you doing in the woods where you tripped over this "boulder" anyway.... (rhetorical, please don't answer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am going to ice the crap out of it"

    You shouldn't have crap in your knee in the first place. I think that's your problem :-P

    ReplyDelete