" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, May 30, 2010

Training 5/24 to 5/30

5/24 Monday: 7 miles in 47 minutes

Ran late in the day today. The knee was feeling OK walking around so I figured I would give it a go. I felt better today than I did on Sunday. I actually ran very comfortably for about the first 5 miles and then I started feeling some pressure under the knee cap after that. By the end of the run I was probably just getting to feeling pain. I was also moving pretty well at the end of the run. Covered the last three miles in 6:39, 6:32, 6:19. The muscles are feeling very fresh, just need the knee to come around, and I think it is.

5/25 Tuesday: OFF

I did not plan to take today off. But work was crazy, it was wicked hot out and by the time I got my daughter to bed I was beat and had no desire to run. I guess its probably a good thing. I am just coming back fron an injury so a day off will probably be good

5/26 Wednesday: AM: 9 miles in 66 minutes PM: 5 miles in 37 minutes

AM: Wicked hot out there!!! Got to the track and did 3 miles easy on the roads then 1.5 miles in 8:10 (5:27 pace), 400m easy in 2 min, then 1 mile in 5:27, 400m easy. Then 3 miles easy on the roads. The workout was supose to be 2 x 1.5 mile at LT pace. I hit the paces perfectly but it was so hot on the track I felt like I was melting, and I was getting dizzy, it was just to hot to push it out there today. Plus it was probably good to ease back into workouts. Good news is there was no pain in the knee! I just got a bit of pressure towards the end of the second interval and a bit towards the end of my cooldown. Overall I am happy with it!

PM: Ran very easy from home once it started to cool down.

5/27 Thursday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Legs felt pretty tired and heavy today. No pain in the knee!! Just a bit of tightness towards the end of the run.

5/28 Friday: 10 miles in 74 minutes

Ran easy today. Knee was a little tight for about the last half of my run. I was expecting it to be a little better than that. Oh well, another lighter day tomorrow.

5/29 Saturday: 7 miles in 52 minutes

Easy running. Felt OK, legs pretty tired from standing and dancing on concrete all night!

5/30 Sunday: 5 miles in 39 minutes

Easy on the treadmill.

Total Miles: 51

No comments:

Post a Comment