" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Training 6/6 to 6/12

6/6 Monday: 8 miles in 61 minutes

Very easy running from Cedardale. Felt pretty good for most of the run, the foot really started to hurt the last couple miles.

6/7 Tuesday: 10.2 miles in 82 minutes

Wow.....I felt really awful today. I could not run any faster than 8 minute pace. I think a combination the heat and the 1/2 marathon on Sunday really got to me today.

6/8 Wednesday: 7.2 miles in 53 minutes

Late evening run after going to my PT appointment were I was once again tortured for an hour. I really hope all the pain they put me through help heal my foot. My legs felt much better today.

6/9 Thursday: AM: 5 miles in 40 minutes PM: 10 miles in 69 minutes

AM: Very easy treadmill running.

PM: Running up in Exeter, NH with CMS teammate Al Bernier. He took me on a nice tour of some of the very nice trails and back roads in the area. Its always nice to run in a new place.

6/10 Friday: 8 miles in 62 minutes

Felt pretty sore and slow today. They beat me up pretty good this morning at PT.

6/11 Saturday: 5 miles in 40 minutes

Very easy running on the treadmill. Didn't really feel well this morning, just sluggish and tired.

6/12 Sunday: 14 miles in 98 minutes

Ran the 10k at the USATFNE Track Championships. Warmed up 3 miles with my CMS teammates, then ran 10k in 33:24 good for 3rd place, then cooled down just short of 5 miles with the CMS guys.


















Total Miles: 67.4

No comments:

Post a Comment