" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, June 6, 2011

Training 5/30 to 6/5

5/30 Monday: 9 miles in 64 minutes

Ran the Titan's Memorial Day 5k in Pembroke, MA. Ran 1 mile of warm up and then raced 5k in 15:42 good for the win! Warmed down by chasing my daughter around as she race the kids 2k. Heather also took first place in the 5k....double win! Results

5/31 Tuesday: 10 miles in 73 minutes

Merrimack River Trail from the Hotel. Ran with Jim Johnson and Mike Quintal.

6/1 Wednesday: 10.1 miles in 80 minutes

Easy running out past Crystal Lake and back with Heather....till she dusted me over the last 2 miles. Got chased home by a thunder storm.

6/2 Thursday: 6 miles in 48 minutes

Very easy treadmill running at home. Just had no time to get out running today. Plus the foot is killing me.

6/3 Friday: OFF

Well I finally went to go see someone about my foot. I went to Off Season Sports and Physical Therapy to get a diagnosis and some treatment. The bad news is that I have plantar fasciitis, the good news is that I now have a plan in place to treat it. After a collection of tests and treatments (ouch!) I was sent home with a list of stretches and exercises to do. I hope this is the begining of the end for the pain in my foot!

6/4 Saturday: 4 miles in 32 minutes

Very easy running with Heather.

6/5 Sunday: 17.5 miles in 106 minutes

Went down to Plymouth, MA to run the Old Sandwich Road Race 1/2 marathon. Warmed up an easy 2 miles, then ran 13.1 miles in 1:12:26 good for first place and a new course record! I was very happy with this race, I felt comfortable and strong the whole way on this very tough course. Warmed down 2.4 miles. Results

Congrats to Heather who won the 10k!

Total Miles: 56.6

2 comments:

  1. Man, 2K is a pretty long race for the kids!

    Great job in your race! We'll need a repeat of that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not dust you, I just have a healthy fear of lightning.

    ReplyDelete