" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Training 3/7 to 3/13

3/7 Monday: 9 miles in 65 minutes

Easy running after work. My legs actually felt pretty good today, which surprised me considering I had run 22 miles yesterday. But I will take it!

3/8 Tuesday: AM: 10 miles in 71 minutes PM: 5 miles in 40 minutes

AM: Rattlesnake Hill loop. Felt OK, but the right hip is still bothering me from my fall on Saturday. Nothing bad, but something to keep an eye on.

PM: East treadmill running at home.

3/9 Wednesday: 10.5 miles in 70 minutes

Ran from Cedarland in Haverhill. I ran over to the Bradford Valentine 5 miles course. While on the course I did 3 x 5 minutes hard with 5 minutes rest. The first one was 5:26 pace, the second 5:26 pace, and the last at 5:09 pace. I was pretty happy with this considering the hilly nature of this course. My hip is still acting up a bit, and my calfs were barking a bit after the hard sections. Next week might be a good time to back down a bit and recover before New Bedford.

3/10 Thursday: OFF

3/11 Friday: OFF

3/12 Saturday: Hiked Mount Whiteface in NH.

Hiked with Heather and Ben. Great day to get outside!




















3/13 Sunday: 16.2 miles in 1 hour 53 minutes (Garmin)

Providence Hill loop. Felt pretty good.

Total Miles: 50.7

1 comment:

  1. This Sunday might be a good time to let it rip at Paddy's!

    ReplyDelete