" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, March 6, 2011

Training 2/28 to 3/6

2/28 Monday: 7 miles in 56 minutes

Legs felt pretty bad today. I am having trouble going down stairs and such. I don't remember a ten mile race ever beating me up this bad. Just ran real easy.

3/1 Tuesday: 10 miles in 80 minutes

Legs are still really beat up. Went a little further today, but kept it real easy.

3/2 Wednesday: AM: 4 miles in 32 minutes PM: 9 miles in 66 minutes

AM: Easy treadmill running at home. Still a bit beat up.

PM: Treadmill running at home. I actually felt a lot better this afternoon. The legs were a bit tight, but way better than yesterday, or even this morning

3/3 Thursday: AM: 10 miles in 70 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

AM: Rattlesnake Hill loop. Felt much better today. I did a 1 minute pickups at miles 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

PM: Easy treadmill running at home.

3/4 Friday: 8.5 miles in 62 minutes

Easy running in Andover. Felt pretty relaxed. Legs feeling ok.

3/5 Saturday: 8.5 miles in 61 minutes

Easy running in Haverhill. I actually took a pretty bad fall a little over a mile into this run. I went pretty early and there was black ice all over the side roads. Busted up the hip and shoulder a bit, but I saved the head from any significant impact with the road. Felt OK to continue the run.

Attended the Whirlaway team party later that night, as a guest. It was great to see everyone and hear some great talks from those who spoke.

3/6 Sunday: 22 miles in 155 minutes (Garmin)

Felt pretty good today. The lower back and hip were tight to start out (from my fall yesterday) but after a few miles of easy running I was good to go! Tried to keep things very relaxed and easy and let the run come to me. I felt very comfortable for almost the whole run. I pushed the pace down a bit in the end to finish up the run at a solid pace. Check out the garmin link above for all the details.

Total Miles: 83

A good week of training! Getting excited to see how all this work pays off at New Bedford in a couple weeks!


1 comment: