" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, February 27, 2012

Training 2/20 to 2/26

2/20 Monday: 7.3 miles in 57 minutes

Night time run with Heather. We headed through downtown Haverhill and over past Kenoza and back home through Plaistow. A pretty nice night time loop. I felt heavy and tight to start, but felt a little better once I got warmed up.

2/21 Tuesday: 10.7 miles in 82 minutes

Ran along the Shawsheen River Trails and then along the Bay Circuit Trail till it gets to Route 133. I didn't intend on running this far, but I was really enjoying the run and decided going a little longer wouldn't hurt. The only issue I had was two encounters with unleashed dogs. Both little ankle bitters that were nipping at me. One of them got a foot in the gut! At least I didn't get bit this time.

2/22 Wednesday: 8.5 miles in 61 minutes

Ran along the Shawsheen River Trails and over to the high school track. I did a couple laps and headed back. I ran into Dan Verrington on the way out and got to run and chat with him for a bit. I did 6 x 30 second strides towards the end of the run. I also got in some additional strength training while changing my flat tire tonight......again.

2/23 Thursday: 7 miles in 53 minutes

Easy treadmill running at home. I had Caitlyn at home this afternoon, so the run was inside. Did some strength training with Caitlyn after the run.

2/24 Friday: OFF

Day off from running. Its a down week, so a day off sounded like a good idea.

2/25 Saturday: 5 miles in 40 minutes

Easy running on the treadmill at home. It was wicked windy outside! Decided to stay inside where it was warm and calm.

Tomorrow Heather and I will be headed out to Amherst for the DH Jones 10 miler. This is the first USATFNE Road Grand Prix race of the year. Its a tough course and if it stays windy it will make it a little tougher!

2/26 Sunday: 16 miles in 1 hour and 44 minutes

I did three miles of warm-up with some strides. Then raced the DH Jones 10 miler in 56:03 good for 41st overall. Then I warmed down for another three miles. Results

Race Report to come soon!

Total Miles: 54.5

A good week overall. I took a down week to let the body rest and recover and get ready for my race. Then I had a very solid race to close out the week. I didn't feel sharp during the race, but that will come with some additional racing and workouts. Best of all I had no pain in the foot or anywhere else. A couple recovery days to start next week, then its back to putting in the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment