" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, December 20, 2010

Training 12/13 to 12/19

12/13 Monday: OFF

Work got out of control today and I was in no mood for the treadmill after work. Plus I am still sick, another day off might help.

12/14 Tuesday: 10 miles in 70 minutes

Rattlesnake Hill Loop. Felt pretty good running wise and a bit better health wise, but I still have this nasty dry cough that is killing me. Did 6 x 20 second strides towards the end of the run.

12/15 Wednesday: 12 miles in 86 minutes

Treadmill running at home after work. Was feeling pretty good and cranked it down to around 6 minute pace for a few miles. With about 30 seconds left in my run disaster struck....I heard a loud crack and then on my next foot fall I felt like I was falling through the treadmill. I totally blew out the deck of the treadmill. Not a good time of year to have this happen....got to get it fixed right away.

12/16 Thursday AM: 10 miles in 73 minutes PM: 5 miles in 40 minutes

AM: Ran with Heather this morning. It was a bit chilly out there!

PM: Treadmill running at the gym at work

12/17 Friday: 8 miles in 61 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen river trails. Actually felt pretty slow and heavy today. I just didn't feel good running today.

12/18 Saturday: 10.5 miles in 73 minutes

BU Mini meet today. Did a little more than three miles of warm up. Raced 3k in 8:58, ran another three miles, raced 1 mile in 4:37, then did another 1.5 miles cool down. I will write a brief race report later! Results

12/19 Sunday: 15 miles in 106 minutes

Nice day to be outside for a run. Felt pretty good for most of the run.

Total Miles: 70.5

A solid week of running, with a nice double track effort on Saturday, and even a day off.

3 comments:

  1. Chris, it's a good thing that 'crack' was in the treadmill and not in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim! That was a pretty solid double for me. Now its time to get faster!

    ReplyDelete