" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, December 6, 2010

Training 11/29 to 12/5

11/29 Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails. Did 6 x 20 second strides towards the end of the run. Felt good today!

11/30 Tuesday: 8 miles in 61 minutes

Ran with Heather out to Crystal Lake and back. Night run under headlamps.

12/1 Wednesday: OFF

A day off to relax and rest.

12/2 Thursday: 6 miles in 45 minutes

Easy running along the Shawsheen River trails.

12/3 Friday: 4 miles in 32 minutes

Easy running. Not feeling so good, I think I am getting sick.

12/4 Saturday: 10 miles in 66 minutes

Ran 5k at the Jay Carisella Track and Field Invite. Warmed up 4 miles, raced 5k in 15:42, warmed down 3 miles. I didn't feel all that good for the race, I knew I was getting sick, felt way worse later Saturday night. I will post a race report soon!

12/5 Sunday: OFF

Sick. Lower legs are in rough shape too. That what I get for wearing spikes. No way I am running today. I am feeling pretty crappy and I need to get healthy.

Total Miles: 36 miles

The plan was for another low week and then a good race. The plan did not include getting sick and running a pretty bad race. Nothing I can do about getting sick, but I need to get healthy quick. Time to start putting in the work for next year!

2 comments:

  1. Chris, that's still a great effort for being sick and having the adjusted week. I'm going through this illness too....no fun. Good news is that you have 194 whole days until the hill... get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim! I am finally starting to feel better. But I am still all stuffed up. Not fun at all! Get well too! See you out there!

    ReplyDelete