" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Training 3/15 to 3/21

Monday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Treadmill run at work. Lots of roads closed due to flooding so I decided it was a treadmill day.

Tuesday: 10 .1 miles in 74 minutes

Easy run from work. Felt pretty good.

Wednesday: 8.3 miles in 59 minutes

Did 1 minute pickups at mile 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Thursday: 7.2 miles in 54 minutes

Easy run, had some lower leg issues just above my right ankle. Nothing to bad, just something to keep an eye on.

Friday: OFF

Day to rest and recover before the New Bedford Half Marathon this weekend.

Saturday: 4 miles in 30 minutes

Very easy run from home

Sunday: 17.3 miles in 1 hour 48 minutes

2.6 miles of warm up, New Bedford Half Marathon, 13.1 miles in 1:12:32 good for 39th place, 1.6 miles of cool down. Felt out of sorts for almost all of this race both physically and mentally, still ran a decent time considering how I felt. Race report to come soon.

Total Miles: 54.9

I backed of a bit this week and took a day off to get ready for the race on Sunday. I still have mixed feelings on how it all went. I will detail it all in the race report. Next week I will bring the miles back up a bit and try to be around 70 miles for the week as I get ready for my International debut at the Connemara 1/2 Marathon in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment