" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Sunday, February 7, 2010

Training 2/1 to 2/7

2/1 Monday: 7.1 miles in 53 minutes

Easy running from work.

2/2 Tuesday: 10 miles in 73 minutes

Rattlesnake Road from work, felt OK. Did 6 x 20 second strides during the last bit of the run.

2/3 Wednesday: 8.1 miles in 61 minutes

Easy run from work. Felt a little tight during the run, but nothing to bad.

2/4 Thursday: AM: 10 miles in 72 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

AM: Rattlesnake road from work, did a 1 minute pickup at the start of miles 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Felt OK doing the pickups. PM: Very easy run on the treadmill in the afternoon.

2/5 Friday: 7.3 miles in 53 minutes

Ran from daycare before getting my daughter. Felt OK, but a little tired from the double yesterday.

2/6 Saturday: 8 miles in 59 minutes

Went skiing with my daughter in the morning, then hit the roads for 8 miles before heading back to Haverhill. Actually felt better than I thought I would after skiing.

2/7 Sunday: 16 miles in 1 hour and 54 minutes

Ran with Craig Fram, Kevin Alliette, and Andie Colon from the Whirlaway. First couple mile were very cold, but once we got going it was alright out there. Did not feel all that good, just heavy and slow. Also has some tightness in he hamstrings that I did not like. We finished up the run at about 7 min pace which I was happy with. But to be honest I was pretty damn happy to be done with this run.

Total Miles: 70.5

This was a very good week of running. I got up to my goal of 70 miles and got in a very light workout and some strides. Was feeling pretty tired over the weekend especially after the long run. This was probably due to a combination of the miles and skiing on Saturday. Still I was happy with this week, I would like to try to stick around 65-75 miles for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment