" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Recovery 10/19 to 10/25

I came off of the marathon with my legs actually feeling really good. Probably because I was in really good shape, and I didn't run all that fast and beat up my legs. This was the best I have ever felt after a marathon, except for my left hamstring, which was pretty much a mess. I decided that a couple days off were in order and that I would try running again on Wednesday. This was a big mistake. I made it about 1/2 mile before an intense stabbing pain came back to my left hamstring. That was pretty much the end of that run....and any hope of running for the rest of this week.

I decided to really work on my hamstring over the rest of the week. I have been using the heating pad every night and trying to stretch and message the area when I have the time. The hope was that if I really worked on the hamstring maybe I could get back out running next week and have a chance at running the Seacoast half marathon on November 8th.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, nice job yesterday. You showed a lot of character and guts coming to defend your title knowing you weren't 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! It was really nice meeting you yesterday. Congrats on your great race!!! Looks like all that hard wotk you put in is paying off! Keep it up! I think its time for me to take a break and rest up and get healthy. Hope I see you out there again sometime!

    ReplyDelete