" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Training 9/21 to 9/27

9/21 Monday: 8 miles in 61 minutes

9/22 Tuesday: 10.3 miles in 76 minutes

Did 6 x 15 second strides at end of run. Really felt pretty bad. Tired, sore, slow...not good.

9/23 Wednesday: OFF

Woke up felling like hell. Sick, sick, sick. Must have got to close to Jim Johnson while at Lone Gull. No Running today. This is not how I wanted this week to go especially after having a bad race on Sunday

9/24 Thursday: 5 miles in 36 minutes

Felt well enough in the afternoon to just get outside and run a bit.

9/25 Friday: 8.6 miles in 66 minutes

Ran over in Winnekenni with Heather and Emily. Did two loops of the lake. Felling much better today...just stuffed up.

9/26 Saturday: 23 miles in 2 hours 39 minutes

This is what I needed. I had a great run. Felt good at the end and finished up strong. Took water and gels twice during run. Finished with a smile on my face!

9/27 Sunday: 8.1 miles in 60 minutes

An easy run with Heather....who thought it would be fun to pick up the pace while I had tired legs from the day before.

Total miles: 63 miles

Not the best week in the world. I came off of Lone Gull pretty flat then got sick and took a day of from running. Mileage was low and I did not get in any workouts. The good news was that my 23 mile long run on Saturday went awesome and I felt great. Three more weeks till Baystate Marathon....I need to get in one more really good week then it will be time to taper :)

2 comments:

  1. So what you are saying is that my evil plan actually worked? ;)....Maybe I should hang out with you right before Baystate ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like your evil plan! Stay away from me before Baystate......I don't need to be sick anymore! Nice race at Codfish and Nahant!

    ReplyDelete