" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Training 8/31 to 9/6

8/31 Monday: 10 miles in 76 minutes

This was my last run in Miami and the run I felt best on while here....of course I have started to adjust to this weather just in time to leave. Well, after a nice break its time to head home.

9/1 Tuesday: 13 miles in 86 minutes

25 minute warm up at the track. Then 5 x 1000 in 3:09-3:11 with 90 seconds rest. 1 x 1000 in 3:10 right into 3 laps at 5:44 pace, one lap rest, 3 x 1000 in 3:09-3:11 90 seconds rest, 5 x 400 in 72-73 with 200m rest in 90 seconds. Warmed down for 16 minutes. This workout was a bit of a struggle after being in the heat and humidity of Miami and travelling Monday night. But I got it done.

9/2 Wednesday: 8.8 miles in 67 minutes

After running I headed north with Heather to do some hiking in the Whites. We decided to do the Hancocks, two peaks I still needed to bag in my quest to hike all 48 4000 footers in NH. In total it was about 10 miles of hiking with many water crossings and some steep climbs and descents. It was a beautiful day and it was great to be outside enjoying whats left of summer.

9/3 Thursday: AM: 9 miles in 69 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

Got in my 4 miler while at the Atkinson Road Race. I was there to support a good cause and cheer on Heather to a 2nd place finish. Nice Job Heather!

9/4 Friday: 12 miles in 78 minutes

Went out for 3 miles easy then into 7 miles at 5:46 pace overall. Started out around 5:50 pace and worked down to about 5:40 pace. Felt pretty good on this one.

9/5 Saturday: 18 miles in 2 hours 14 minutes

Just an easy long run this week. Felt OK most of the run, but that last few miles hurt a bit....just got tired and heavy...probably a result of yesterdays workout.

9/6 Sunday: 8 miles in 60 minutes

Total Miles: 83

A very nice week of running. Came back from Miami a bit tired, but bounced back after a couple days. Mileage for the week was solid and I got in some good workouts. My next race will be this Saturday at the Run to The Rock. I will be running the half marathon as a Marathon paced workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment