" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Training Update 6/21 to 6/29

Sunday 6/21: 5 miles 41 minutes.

This was a very easy run with Heather on the trails at St Pauls School. Pretty sluggish and very tight. This was to be expected after running Mt Washington the day before.

Monday 6/22: 7 miles 48 minutes.

Actually felt pretty good, best run I have had since being injured

Tuesday 6/23: 7.1 miles 48 minutes.

2 miles easy, miles 3, 4, 5, 6 in 6:35, 5:56, 6:14, 6:07. 1.1 miles easy. The 4 miles was suppose to be at 6:10 to 6:30 pace. I had trouble finding the pace and felt like I was working to hard to run a pace that should not be all that taxing. Probably still recovering from the Mt Washington effort.

Wednesday 6/24: 8 miles 62 minutes.

Very easy run around the Lake Kenoza trails in Haverhill.

Thursday 6/25: 7.1 miles 47 minutes

2 miles easy, miles 3, 4, 5, 6 in 6:08, 6:13, 6:11, 6:09. 1.1 miles easy. Same work out as Tuesday, except this one felt much easier and nice and smooth. Very happy with how this one went.

Friday 6/26: Day off from running

Saturday 6/27: 12 miles 82 minutes

Did this run from my brothers house down in Hanson, MA. Did a 1 minute pick up at the start of each mile during miles 4 -10. Felt pretty solid and the pick ups felt pretty good. Last couple miles I got a little sluggish and at little bit of tightness in the hamstring. Still very happy with this run...its the longest I have gone in a while.

Sunday 6/28: 5 miles 39 minutes

Ran on the treadmill. Felt a bit tight, but nothing to bad.

Monday 6/29: 8.5 miles 60 minutes

Easy running, did some exploring up in the Plaistow and Atkinson areas. Felt OK on the run, but not great. I think I am still feeling the effects of the 12 miler I did on Saturday


Overall the training is going alright. I am still experiencing some stiffness and tightness in my left hamstring, but it seems to be slowly getting better as time goes by. I have been using a heating pad on it a lot and that seems to really be helping. I just need to be careful these next couple of weeks as I up the volume and get back to some real workouts and longer runs. Hopefully all goes well!


Next race is Bill Luti 5 miler on July 18th. This is the last race in the CARS series.

No comments:

Post a Comment