" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week of 1/12 to 1/18

1/12 Monday: 8.6 miles in 62 minutes

Easing running around Lexington. Temperatures were nice, but the roads and side walks were slick! 

1/13 Tuesday: 9.4 miles in 65 minutes

Workout on the treadmill. I did 3 x mile with half mile rest. warmed up 2.5 miles with a few pick up strides then into the mile repeats at 5:18 pace (approx 10k pace) with half mile rest at 7:30 pace. then another few miles of coll down. First rep felt a bit fast, but the next couple felt more relaxed once I got use to going that fast on the treadmill.

1/14 Wednesday: 9 miles in 64 minutes

Today was an easy run from the town fields near my daughters daycare. Did an out and back that let me pick up a couple Strava segments on the way with a reasonable effort. Felt pretty good, but my hands ended up pretty cold towards the end of the run. Need some thicker gloves!

1/15 Thursday: 11 miles in 74 minutes

Easy first 6 miles then progression from 6:38 to 5:52 over the next five miles. Very slick roads out there! Surprised I stayed upright the whole way. Solid run!

1/16 Friday: 5 miles in 39 minutes

Easy recovery run on the treadmill at work.

1/17 Saturday: AM: 8.5 miles in 57 minutes PM: 4 miles in 32 minutes

AM: Treadmill tempo at home. I did an easy 3 miles of warm up with a few shakeout strides.  Then I went right into 4 miles of tempo paced running.  Hit the four miles in 5:42, 5:39, 5:36, 5:33 and felt pretty solid doing it. I did another 1.5 miles of cool down. All completed while watching Mall Cop on the TV.

PM: Easy recovery run on the treadmill at home.

1/18 Sunday: 15 miles in 1 hour and 51 minutes

Very relaxed long run from home. I tried to keep the pace very easy and just enjoy the run. All was good till the last few miles when all of a sudden I felt like I was bonking out. I was able to maintain the pace and actually increase it just to get the run over.  But I was feeling loopy and mind was all over the place and the legs were heavy. I am not sure I ate enough food the day before. I also doubled for the first time in a long time on Saturday.

Total Miles: 70.5

2 comments: