" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Monday, August 15, 2011

Time Off


I have not run since July 30th at the Carver Road Race. My plantar fasciitis issues have really taken its toll on me both physically and mentally. After 7 months of struggling with this I have decided to take some time totally off and let my foot heal completely before I try running again. I am continuing to go to physical therapy and stretching and icing at home. I thought the new quote above was great and really reflected how many of us have felt at some time during our running careers.

2011 Beach to Beacon 10k Mens Champion Micha Kogo (3) and second place Lucas Rotich (7)






















2011 Beach to Beacon 10k Womens Champion Aheza Kiros.


2 comments:

  1. Same here, gus. I haven't run (aside from a couple easy test runs which weren't very successful) since Stowe. Tried again on Saturday and the abs were still very sore afterwards. Unknown period of time off now underway for me.

    I'm buying a bike today though and will be riding some, as cycling doesn't bother me at all.

    Want to get a bike and start a CMS Cycling Team???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we are in the same boat. I just want to be healthy again and run pain free.

    I wish I could get a road bike.....but the riding down here is sketchy. Plus I would probably get run over! I have been Mtn biking a bit with my brother, he is trying to get me to race some Mtn bike races.

    A CMS Cycling team would be great! Can we get Scott to sponsor that too!

    ReplyDelete