" It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Putting in the work 7/20 to 7/26

7/20 Monday: 9 miles in 63 minutes

7/21 Tuesday: 13.5 miles in 90 minutes

This was done on a rainy windy day...perfect for a workout! 30 minutes of warm up then hit the track for one 400 meter run in 80 seconds (5:20 pace) to get a feel for the pace. Took 30 seconds rest then started the main workout. Left the track for 3 minutes at 5:20 pace ran a loop right back on to the track and into 400 in 75 seconds (5:00 pace). Then I took 90 seconds rest. This was done 8 times for a total work load of just under 7 miles. The effort was hard and I was pleased with the work load I was able to handle.....a good workout for sure.

7/22 Wednesday: 8 miles in 58 minutes

7/23 Thursday: OFF, took some time to rest and relax the legs.

7/24 Friday: AM: 9 miles in 65 minutes plus 12x15 second hill strides in the rain.

PM: 4 miles in 30 minutes.

Happy 4th Birthday Caitlyn!!!

7/25 Saturday: 18 miles in 121 minutes

I did this run up in Campton NH from my parents house. Ran RT 49 up towards Waterville Valley. I got out early and got this done while it was still cool and there was cloud cover. Did the last 5 miles at 5:45 to 5:50 pace. Felt real good and strong. Even saw a bear during my run!

7/26 Sunday: 8 miles in 59 minutes

Ran up in Campton NH with Heather who totally took advantage of my dead legs and dropped me in the last mile of our run. Felt OK....just tired and heavy from the long run.

Total Miles: 69.5

This was a good week. I was very happy with the workout and the long run. Next week I will be racing at Beach to Beacon 10k in Cape Elizabeth, Maine on Saturday August 1st.

1 comment:

  1. I must say Heather rocks for dropping you on that run ;) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete